If you want to live a life with intention, then asking yourself “Why am I doing this?” repeatedly until you get to the deep root of the action is the way to go.
This is one of the topics my guest for this week, Mital Patel believes in.
She’s a chemist and she’s using that know-how in her online supplement store. She’s training to become an ayurvedic lifestyle consultant and focuses on helping parents live a conscious lifestyle.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE EPISODE:
- “She shares a lot of great ideas for how to be present with your family and how to make more time for them. Like having the t.v. off by 8:30 pm to be able to talk.
- Learn why you should have a “to-be” list instead of just your to-do list
- She talks a lot about reading your labels of supplements before you buy them. And other actions you need to be taking before investing in supplements.
- Learn what conscious self care is.
- How taking time out of your day to meditate, it actually GIVES you time back. She sometimes meditates for 20 minutes a day, BUT if that sounds unattainable for you, then you can add it into moments you have everyday already. Like when your shower.
- How asking why to yourself over and over can help you get to the root of your intention.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK
- What is Ayurveda and why should people practice it?
- What should people look out for when they are thinking about getting supplements?
- You talk about “Conscience Living” and about how it’s important. Why should people live this way?
- And Of Course! What does living with intention mean to you?
MY FAVORITE TAKE-A-WAY:
My favorite quote from our conversation was, “We’re human beings, not human doings”.
When she said this, something in my mind instantly clicked.
Like it was so obvious!
In our society we glamorize being busy and “the hustle”. We’re so busy with trying to knock everything off our to-do list, we forget to actually just LIVE!
SHARE YOUR TAKEAWAYS:
I’d love to know what your favorite parts of today’s episode were!
How are you going to live a conscious lifestyle? Share in the comments below!
JOIN THE #IMPERFECTIONWITHINTENTION CONVERSATION
Welcome to your new hangout spot! If you’ve felt inspired at all by recent episodes then feel free to join the new Imperfection with Intention Facebook Group.
In this group, we can share honest and open stories, ask for advice and spread positivity and inspiration.
LEAVE A REVIEW ON ITUNES
I’d love to know what you thought about today’s episode! Leave a review on iTunes.
I always want to make sure I am sharing content that inspires you and helps you live a healthy and happy life.
- Ayurvedic Seva
- Mital’s Instagram
- More Imperfection with Intention on Instagram
- Imperfection with Intention Facebook Group
- Other Episodes of Imperfection with Intention