Welcome to another mini-sode of Imperfection with Intention!
I want to ask you question and I want you to be honest with yourself:
When you think about setting goals for yourself, how do you feel? Do you feel a sense of “I’ve got this!” or overwhelm?
If thinking of setting goals give you that feeling of anxiety, just know you are not alone! This episode is you for you, my friend.
I am not a perfectly organized person, so these tips that I share with you are what I have learned along the way that have helped me!
I really noticed that I needed to be more clear with my goals and intentions when I started to attempt to live a healthier life.
I LOVED getting new planners and filling out the first month listing out a ton of goals and new habits. Then the next month would come and I pretty much abandoned all of my goals and lost any motivation to keep it up.
I always wanted to better myself, but I had no idea how to actually do it!
Then I changed up my thinking.
I started going easier on myself when I didn’t perfectly execute one of my goals.
I made smaller goals so I could actually see progress and get inspiration from that.
I forced myself to actually come up with a strategic plan for each goal. Like they say, “A goal without a plan is just a wish“.
This helped me so much, I wanted to make an episode devoted to the topic of goal setting.
Highlights from the Episode
Here’s a few cliff notes from this week’s episode.
Use these bullet points when you’re in the middle slaying your goals, but you need some inspiration or a quick reminder when you need to reset!
Before you set goals
- Reflect on your past appreciate what you have done. Continue what did work and notice what didn’t work. This will help you figure out what TYPE of goals you want
- Visualize what life would be like when you accomplish your goals Putting emotion behind your goals makes them more real!
Actually setting your goals
- Write them out! Even the act of just writing out your goals makes you more likely to work on them!
- Make your goals smaller and easier to to actually accomplish. It’s WAY too easy give up on goals before you even begin if your goal is too big.
- It’s ok to not achieve your goals each day, week, etc.
- If you don’t make your goals, DON’T GIVE UP.
Journal your experiences from it.
- Record all the times you had wins and when you had losses.
- When you need motivation, you can read from you wins and get a “second wind” when you didn’t you can read about all the things you learned.
2019 Goal Planner and Journal
Like we talked about in the episode, it helps when you write out your goals AND journal your reflections afterward. It’s so much easier to stay inspired to keep going and to see if you need to adjust your goals later on.
Grab your 2019 goal planner below to use for any fitness, nutrition and mindfulness goals you have!
Join the #ImperfectionWithIntention Conversation
Welcome to your new hangout spot! If you’ve felt inspired at all by recent episodes then feel free to join the new Imperfection with Intention Facebook Group.
In this group, we can share honest and open stories, ask for advice and spread positivity and inspiration.
Leave a Review on iTunes
I always want to make sure I am sharing content that inspires you and helps you live a healthy and happy life.
I’d love to know what you thought about today’s episode so make sure to leave a review on iTunes.
Leaving a review also makes it easier for other people like yourself can find this podcast. I would be so thankful if you could head to iTunes and share what your takeaways were.
- Episode 002: Using Visualizations to Manifest Your Dreams
- Episode 004: Infusing Self Care into Your Life with Brittany Clark
- How to Create the Best Vision Board
- 4 Tips to Maximize Your Time at the Gym